- NSN_flyer-18x18_danish_web.pdf (Acrobat PDF 677 K)
- NSN_flyer-18x18_english_web.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2520 K)
- NSN_flyer-18x18_finish.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2564 K)
- NSN_flyer-18x18_german.pdf (Acrobat PDF 764 K)
- NSN_flyer-18x18_Hungary_web.pdf (Acrobat PDF 746 K)
- NSN_flyer-18x18_slovakia_web.pdf (Acrobat PDF 791 K)
NSN Recommendations in Partner Languages
- NSN_recommendations_Danish.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2171 K)
- NSN_recommendations_Dutch.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2420 K)
- NSN_Recommendations_English (Acrobat PDF 1835 K)
- NSN_Recommendations_Estonia (Acrobat PDF 2188 K)
- NSN_Recommendations_Finish (Acrobat PDF 2179 K)
- NSN_recommendations_German.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2339 K)
- NSN_recommendations_Icelandic.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2282 K)
- NSN_Recommendations_Lithuania (Acrobat PDF 1993 K)
- NSN_recommendations_Norwegian.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2133 K)
- NSN_recommendations_Polish (Acrobat PDF 2104 K)
- NSN_Recommendations_Slovakia (Acrobat PDF 990 K)
- NSN_Recommendations_Swedish (Acrobat PDF 1863 K)
- mind the gap poster.jpg (Mynd jpeg 390 K)
- Posters_New Skills Network_v1_small.pdf (Acrobat PDF 2333 K)
Skills Acquisition through Mobility
Studies and Inventories
- Study – Assessing the impact of ongoing reforms in education and training on adult learning (2009)
- Study on Key competences for adult learning professionals (2009), including a Competence Profile for adult learning professionals; discussion of the profile at four regional meetings
- European Inventory of good outreach practices, with case studies; accompanying analytical report, Enabling the low skilled to take their qualifications "one step up", 2010
- Cedefop publication on older workers (2010)
Study on European Terminology in Adult Learning for a common language and common understanding and monitoring of the sector, 2010
- European Guidelines on validation of non-formal and informal learning (2009)
- Joint Interim Report 2010 includes a section reporting on the development of lifelong learning strategies and key competences for adults
- Council conclusions on social inclusion, May 2010; Basic skills provision for adults: Policy and practice guidelines (2010)
- European Commission, An Agenda for new skills and jobs: A European contribution towards full employment, 2010
European Commission, New Skills for New Jobs, Policy initiatives in the field of education: Short overview of the current sitution in Europe, November 2010
EJMB & EVM
In response to the “New Skills for New Jobs Initiative” the European Commission funded a monitoring system to work as an “early warning tool” under the “Monitoring Labour".
Two publications are publishing on a quarterly basis, the European Job Mobility Bulletin (EJMB) - the European Vacancy Monitor (EVM). The EVM is more comprehensive and targeted at a broader audience. It seeks to contribute to policy development and the functioning of labour markets. It provides an up-to-date, dynamic picture of developments in the demand for labour, using a wide range of sources to produce the relevant data on job vacancies, job-finders and hiring will also provide, insight into areas with recruitment difficulties and skills shortages.
The European Job Mobility Bulletin (EJMB) is an analysis of the data on the EURES Job Mobility portal.
- CEDEFOP: VET in Europe - Country reports. Compare and learn more about the European national vocational education and training systems VET in Europe - Country reports are a product of the VET in Europe project and review vocational education and training systems in Member States, Iceland and Norway. They are prepared and updated by ReferNet, according to a common structure provided by Cedefop.
- EURYDICE. The Eurydice Network provides information on and analyses of European education systems and policies. As from 2011 it consists of 37 national units based in all 33 countries participating in the EU's Lifelong Learning programme (EU Member States, EFTA countries, Croatia and Turkey). It is co-ordinated and managed by the EU Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency in Brussels, which drafts its studies and provides a range of online resources.
- Better Matching Skills and Jobs
- Restructuring forum - Sectors' New Skills for New Jobs
- European CommissionEmployment, Social Affairs and Equal OpportunitiesWhat's new
Since the launch of the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP) in 2007, hundreds of good projects have been funded in the field of school, higher or adult education and in vocational training. Financed by the European Commission, networks of national programme agencies for the LLP organise thematic monitoring and networking activities to better exploit the results of these projects and draw lessons and good practices from these experiences.
Subject areas currently being explored include:
•Further training of teachers and training staff: the "City-M" project
•Upgrading and matching skills to labour market needs: the "New Skills Network"
•Working with under-represented and disadvantaged groups: the "INCLUSION" project
•Quality assurance in vocational education and training and in adult education: the "QALLL" project
•Working together to understand and implement ECVET : "NetECVET"